Biyernes, Enero 3, 2020

Who is this Corrupt Cabinet Secretary?





By Mortz C. Ortigoza

Although I am not an avid fan of Irish rock band U2’s front man Bono or Paul David Hewson (I’d rather watch Australian AC-DC and Angus Young do his duck walks, te-he), I liked his activism.
Bono, who loves to garb in shades, white tees and faded jeans, had been seen in the past rubbing elbows in official ceremonies with then U.S Presidents George W. Bush and Barrack Obama, then Brazil President Lula ad Silva, then Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin, and anti-apartheid revolutionary, political leader, philanthropist, and then South African President Nelson Mandela.

This what he told recently the thousands of cheering Flips, er, Filipinos inside the Philippine Arena in Bulacan.
Image result for corrupt official

“Also in our prayers, let's keep the journalists, the truth-tellers, the activists who keep this country spiritually safe. We salute you, truth-tellers, everyday heroes, we see your lights, we see the stars, the Manila sky," he said as the band played the opening chords of David Bowie's "Heroes."



In an interview with reporters in Manila this what he told them:
"I probably would have been a journalist if I wasn’t a singer and so the safety of journalists is very important, and I think a democracy requires a free press.”

"I find some journalists to be a total pain in the ass but I am really glad they are there," he added.

Another foreigner that impressed me and even made me chuckle was King of Roast and Stand - Up  American Comedian Jeff Ross when he met a war veteran who joined him at the stage in his wheel chair. The former soldier had two of his thighs ripped off by a land mine surreptitiously sneaked by the bad guys in Afghanistan.

ROSS: You have a big balls coming out here you got to be speed roasted. This guy has seen on their lives. I talk shits for a living. I lived in a country where free speech is the most important thing to me.
(crowd cheered and applauded)
So this guy over here and f*cking tough protect my life for free speech.
(crowd cheered and applauded)
Honestly, I don’t know what the f*ck happened to you but this is a long way to go to lose weight.
(crowd guffawed since Ross “mocked” as part of the speed roast the absence of the two thighs of the soldier)
I hope you had a f*ckin’ blast?
VETERAN: Ya, I did a blast in Afghanistan!
(Crowd erupted in laughter)
ROSS: Awesome, awesome! Funny mother f*cker!
***
The Presidential Anti-Corruption Commission (PACC) headed by Greco Belgica, who is known to saunter malls in a bullet vest and handgun attached to it, has submitted recently to President Rodrigo Duterte the names of two cabinet secretaries the PACC found to be involved with corruption.
President Duterte, however, wanted to validate the charges filed by a member of the cabinet secretary and a private citizen to the two portfolio positioned officials.
Was one of them I know who became a bete-noire of several radio broadcasters because of the extravagance he spent in his office and his family?
Abangan if my suspicion was correct after the president named and fired them in public just like former Department of Interior & Local Government Secretary Ismael Sueno who figured in the illegal purchase of firetrucks.
Sueno's dismissal came after he accused DILG Under Secretaries John Castriciones, Jesus Hinlo, and Emily Padilla of being behind a letter that reached the president containing allegations he was enriching himself in office.
 Hinlo said the former OIC South Cotabato governor was sacked because of his involvement in the purchase of the firetrucks from Austria without a competitive public bidding.
President Duterte even told reporters Sueno proceeded with the acquisition despite the pending case of the truck’s procurement in the Supreme Court.

READ MY BLOG/COLUMN:

(You can read my selected columns at
mortzortigoza.blogspot.com and articles at Pangasinan News Aro. You can send comments too at totomortz@yahoo.com)

Follow me on Twitter Send me a secure tip.


MORTZ C. ORTIGOZA

Follow

I am a twenty years seasoned Op-Ed Political Writer in various newspapers and Blogger exposing government corruptions, public officials's idiocy and hypocrisies, and analyzing local and international issues. I have a master’s degree in Public Administration and professional government eligibility. I taught for a decade Political Science and Economics in universities in Metro Manila and cities of Urdaneta, Pangasinan and Dagupan. Follow me on Twitter @totoMortz or email me at totomortz@yahoo.com.


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento