Linggo, Agosto 21, 2016

Defense Sec grants Ex-Military Prof pleas to hold PMA Exam in Cotabato

By Gabriel Ortigoza
My dream is to include my province of North Cotabato in the official list of PMAEE.
In 2001, when I was still in the Corps of Professors of PMA, I gave PMA Entrance Examination at Southern Baptist College in Mlang, North Cotabato. It was the first PMAEE in the history of the province. 
Examinees for  cadetship at the Philippine Military Academy.

It so happened that year I was the OIC of a special PMAEE given in the cities of Davao, General Santos, Koronadal, and Cotabato. After I conducted PMAEE to four cities I went home in Mlang for a three-day R&R.
I didn't waste my time doing nothing on my rest days before I went back up to the mountains of Baguio. I decided to give PMAEE in my hometown of Mlang.
A day before the exam, I went to a radio station DXND in Kidapawan to announce I'm giving PMAEE at SBC. Thanks to my friend Grace Vergara-Tanghal for facilitating my public announcement and live interview at the station.
The following day, hundreds of youths in North Cotabato reported at the venue to take PMAEE as walk-in applicants. Several examinees passed that examination but only two made it to the academy and successfully graduated from PMA. One is my fellow from Mlang (last name is Tingson) and one is from Kidapawan (last name is Ancino). Both females and are still active officers of the Philippine Army. While they were still cadets at PMA their mothers from North Cotabato visited them in Baguio. I gladly welcomed them to stay in my quarters and served as their host inside Fort Del Pilar.
When I resigned from PMA in 2003 to join my wife in California I thought my dream of making North Cotabato into the official list of PMAEE Centers nationwide remains a dream.
A dream will remain a dream if you don't make it a goal. To reach a goal you must use SMART strategies to attain it. This acronym stands for Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and must be in a Time-frame. 

In 2015, I looked back to this unfinished business and started coordinating with PMA officers whom I worked with when I was in the Corps of Professors by sending letter requests to include the province of Cotabato in the official list of PMAEE. To make my request official I asked the provincial governor to send letter request to PMA Superintendent regarding PMAEE. For some reason which I don't know our requests were denied.
In June 2016, I was on vacation in the Philippines and was able to visit my birthplace - Baguio City, the Summer Capital of the Philippines. Being up in the Cordillera, I followed up my request for PMAEE to be given in Cotabato province. But for the second time that request was denied.
Bureaucracy played its role. I stayed optimistic. I continue to hope and pray that the youth of North Cotabato will someday be privileged to take PMAEE without going to other cities and provinces.
On August 6, 2016, Saturday, I sent a letter to Secretary Delfin Lorenzana (PMA 73) of Department of National Defense. I am proud to say Sec. Lorenzana was once my former senior military officer at Southern Command way back 1993 whom I have the privileged to jog with him at our usual route in Golf Beach adjacent to the camp in Lower Calarian, Zamboanga City. Lo and behold, on the 8th, two days after, my request was granted. Yes, PMAEE is going to North Cotabato.
My snappiest salute to Sec. Delfin Lorenzana. Thank you sir for the speedy action like a lightning; very fast. The people of North Cotabato, especially the youth, will benefit from PMAEE. Hats off to you sir. Now I know president Rodrigo Duterte has no one in mind, except you, when he chose his alter ego in national defense.
It's a dream come true to me and to my fellows back home. What seems to be impossible is now possible and I thank God for this. Just believe.
To the people of my province of Cotabato, on August 21, 2016 (Sunday), PMAEE will be given in North Cotabato. The venue is at Provincial Capitol Gymnasium (gabbyortig@yahoo.com)

1 komento:

  1. Are you in need of a loan? Do you want to pay off your bills? Do you want to be financially stable? All you have to do is to contact us for more information on how to get started and get the loan you desire. This offer is open to all that will be able to repay back in due time. Note-that repayment time frame is negotiable and at interest rate of 3% just email us (creditloan11@gmail.com)

    TumugonBurahin